About Me

My photo
I am a former career girl and am now a stay-at-home-mom to 2 amazing little girls. Exercise and "dieting" have never been easy for me. But now more than ever, I am determined to adhere to a more active, healthy lifestyle. I am not dieting - just making smarter, more natural food choices. I want to set a great example for my girls. I starting running last year with the Couch-to-5K running program. I've lost over 35 pounds since last year and I want to lose 60 more. I completed my first race (a 5K) in October and I running a 10K by this summer. My long-term goal is ultimately to run a half-marathon in 2012. I've created this blog to put it all out there and most of all - to keep me honest. I include a tested recipe & inspiring workout song on each post. I am also hoping to inspire and be inspired by you! I would love for you to join me for this journey and become an official follower of this blog!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Meatless Monday

I will update the blog with a full post tomorrow night, in the meantime I wanted to share a short post about Meatless Monday, as I just made a veggie dinner in its honor. 


Tonight's Meatless Monday Spaghetti
Meatless Monday is an international movement that is starting to gain leverage to promote personal and environmental health. 


When I can, I've been making vegetarian dinners on Monday. They have not only expanded my horizons in terms of different foods that I like - but I feel healthier and it's a great start to the week. 


Tonight for Meatless Monday I made Veggie Spaghetti Sauce served over Spaghetti Squash. I used a slew of veggies along with frozen meatless veggie crumbles and alot of spices. Even my husband thought it was delish. 


If you are curious about meatless Monday, you can check out this Goop newsletter that first brought it to my attention last year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment